Friday, June 23, 2017

Plum Tart

I made this plum tart to go along with my Crockpot Dr. Pepper Ribs. I got the idea after watching Lidia's kitchen only I had to adapt it to my own cooking style. Here is my adaptation of Plum Tart.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of plums, pitted and cut into sixths
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 tablespoons of jam (I used strawberry)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into 16 pieces
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more to taste)
Store bought pie crust (don't judge, they are almost as good as homemade)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.

In large bowl, toss the plums with the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, and the jam. Arrange the plums on their sides in circles in the crust (make it pretty 😊 ). Put the butter pieces throughout the plums. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the plums.


Begin baking on the bottom rack for about 30 minutes and the crust is golden brown. Cover crust with tin foil and then bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until the plums are soft and juices are bubbling. Cool slightly before serving with whipped topping or ice cream!





No comments:

Post a Comment