Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Waterfalling in the UP - Bond Falls

The first leg of our engagement trip to the UP included visiting Bond Falls. It was the first waterfall I had ever been to since the rapids by our house don't really count. It was breathtakingly beautiful. One of the best ideas my fiance, Logan, has come up with so far :). There was a nice initial spot for taking pictures of the falls as you can see:



The next few photos were taken on our way up the stairs on the right side of the falls. It's not too bad of a climb and I have asthma and survived :D.



We met these ducks at the top of the water fall where there is a little gift shop near the river. I wanted to see how close I could get. Turns out these ducks are pretty well accustomed to passersby, which is what I expected. I think they might have been blue winged teals. And there was a swing set there too, and because I'm 5'2", I can still pretend to be a kid sometimes so we took a moment to swing together. It's fun to feel like a carefree kid again, occasionally. I also realize I should've taken a picture of the gift-shop too, for your reference. It was a pretty important stop and I'm glad Logan wanted to go in there because it led to us (him) purchasing the Michigan waterfalls book that we used on the rest of our trip. Guess he is the one making all the good decisions.



Below is a picture of the dam at the top of the falls. We descended back down the opposite side of the falls, the side with no stairs. It was steep so I wouldn't recommend it, but if you are able to handle it, it was fun to take that what we deemed is the "rebel path." That was my term for all of the paths created by years of "rebels" who weren't supposed to go that way because it's "dangerous" and could create more erosion, but they did it anyway.


Here we are at the bottom of the falls again. Another nice area to take pictures.




We also decided to take a selfie at every waterfall simply for documentation purposes and for fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment